Sunday 8 August 2010

E.L.F Order/Mini review

I FINALLY placed an E.L.F order! I've been wanting for ages so I decided to to cheery myself up :)

Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Perfect Pink, Eyeliner & Shadow stick in Green/Moss, Beauty Encyclopedia in Everyday Eyes, Kabuki brush, and "C" brush.

I was sooo excited when it came! Okay, a few mini reviews..

Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Perfect Pink
RRP £1.50
Packaging: Clear plastic tube with a twist end, soft sponge applicator.
Colour: Very pretty baby pink! Very little shimmer.
What I liked: I love that your can see the actual shade in the tube, though this is the case with most liquid lipcolours. I also liked that there was little/no shimmer in the shade, I hate shimmery lips on me! Most people dislike twist-click applicators, but I really liked that as I can control how much to put on. I find brushes always give me too much product and I smear it all over the place lol.
What I didn't like: This certainly isn't a liquid lipstick. It is, at most, a very light lipgloss. There is v ery little pigmentation to the colour and the consistancy is that of a gloss.
Overall: I wouldn't re-buy, but it's a cute little non sticky lipgloss with a subtle hint of pink.


Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Green/Moss
RRP £3.50
Packaging: Sleek double ended eyeliner and stick eyeshadow pen in matte black packaging.
Colour/shade: The eyeshadow is a dark slightly shimmery forrest green, while the eyeliner is more of a mossy green/brown with a golden bronze shimmer.
Eyeshadow


Eyeliner

What I liked: I adore the eyeliner! Glides on so easily and such a beautoful shade! The golden undertones are just so pretty.
What I didn't like: The eyeshadow is disappointing. It applies streakily and unevenly. Also, you have to twist the eyeliner right down into the packaging, if you don,t when you put the lid on it smushes the end :(
Overall: great eyeliner, rubbish eyeshadow.

Kabuki Brush
RRP £5
I love this brush! It is SO soft and full. I use it to apply my powder and it;s perfect, it really sets my makeup so well and applies everything evenly.

Eyeshadow "C" Brush
RRP £3.50
I LOVE THIS BRUSH!! The bristles are SO firm, and the brush is really soft and full. Great for applying eyeshadow for a more dramatic look. It applies quite thickly but specifically where you want it, unlike some less firm brushes wheres you find it a little more difficult to get the shadow in a definitive place.. you can then easily take a less firm brush to blend your shadow in for a soft yet dramatic look.

Beauty Encyclopedia Everyday Eyes
RRP: £6.00
Packaging: A little version of the Front Cover palettes, this is a book style packaging, all black and white, inside containing 12 pressed powder eyeshadows, 2 cream shadows, 1 black eyeliner, and a double ended brush and sponge applicator. There are instructions on the left "page".. but these are a tad rubbish.


Colour/shades: This is called "Everyday eyes", and these are all colours I would used on a day to day basis. 

 L-R top row, a very pale non shimmery cream/vanilla, a gunmetal grey/pewter with a strong pewter shimmer, a thick carbon black with a very subtle dark grey shimmer, and a light grey/silver with a silver shimmer.

 L-R 2nd row:  A pale duck egg blue, a soft moss green with underlying shimmer, a pale biscuit beige with underlying shimmer, and light rust brown with a slight bronze tone.
 L-R 3rd row: Very pale golden beige, a brighter pale rust, a deep mocha brown with shimmer, and a medium bronze.

 The two cream shadows are brown/bronze/beige, and the eyeliner is black.

What I liked: These eyeshadows are SO pigmented and easy to apply, they smooth on so easily and blend perfectly. Some seem a tad chalky at first, but with a little blending they're fine. The 2nd and 3rd lines of the pressed shadows I find perfect for daily wear for work, and the top line is a perfect smoky eye look.All the highlighters work well. 
What I didn't like: The eyeliner and the cream shadows are a bit rubbish.
Overall: I love these eyeshadows, this is such a great buy, I will definitely buy this again. I can just chuck this in my bag for weekends away, nights out with work, stay overs at friends.. everyday I have used JUST this palette to create all my daily makeup looks. I don't use cream eyeshadows so maybe that's why I havn't found much use for them, and the eyeliner just isn't pigmented enough for me is all really.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some great stuff :)
I really want to try their eyeliner and shadow sticks.

xx

Emma x said...

I just did an ELF order too, I find them hit and miss, but for the prices its worth trying them x

heartshapedbruise. said...

Ooh, I haven't had an E.L.F. order for ages - I'm definitely now feeling the need to go & have a little mooch around the site & see what I fancy..!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Georgia Writes Here said...

i found the cream eyeshadows are shitty but they make a good base for the other shadows.

The kabuki is lovely isn't it, it blends my foundation beautifully!

Nice haul my dear enjoy your purchases!

Hope your alright!

Much Love x x x

Unknown said...

great buys!
I go myself a Kabuky brush last week and I am totally in love with it.

xxx

Lisa said...

Looks lovey make up.

How are you lately?

xx

missy_ellie_uk said...

I've heard a lot of good things about that brush! And the eyeshadow box looks like a great collection of shades, I wear that kind of colour practically every day for work. Hope you're doing ok x

Joanne said...

Thanks for the comments girls :) I'm doing okay.. lots of ups and downs... this weekend I've been feeling very lonely.. I don't really have a group of *close* girlfriends which I could really do with at the moment! My work friends have been lovely, and I've had lots of support from old friends who I;m really hoping to meet up with soon. I think it was just my cousin was away for the weekend and my parents went to a party.. plus I've recently been chatting daily to a friend of mine who is deployed in Afghanistan, we've sorta just been supporting each other, but he got relocated and his internet is really limited, so I;m kind of missing our chats too. BUT! I am staying positive about everything and am excited about a few things I have coming up, and blogging and planning things for my blog is definitely helping me a lot :)

Eugenia said...

Thanks for the review! I have some things from ELF that I like and dislike. I was worried about the pigmentation of the eye shadows I'm glad you say they are good!

missmascara1983 said...

Great post, Ineed that Kabuki in my life! xx

LadyBugSays ... said...

The Beauty Encyclopedia's are on my ELF 'to buy' list! I swear by their Kabuki brushes, I have had mine for well over a year and it is still going strong!

Anonymous said...

i bought babylips last week and really like it, although the colour pay off is pretty poor lol
my latest post shows my swatches :)

lovely blog btw

sarahbox04.blogspot.com xx

Emma said...

I've just come across the ELF website, I know shame on me. Would you recommend it?
Ive read your reviews, but just overall would you say it was good value? Even though the prices are generally cheap.

Love your blog

http://styletitch.blogspot.com

xxx

Sarah said...

where are you jo? :( xxx

Radiant Make Up said...

great review:)
Super helpful!! x

Summer said...

Oooh! Love everything you got, especially the kabuki and those eyeshadows <3
Love your blog! :)

x

Carrie said...

I LOOOOOVE ELF!!! i have alot of products by elf. i also have that lipgloss, although for some reason it made my lips feel numb.

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Tim Mcgraw said...

love your blog x

Close

Unknown said...

Awesome Blog. I add this Blog to my bookmarks.

Comprar Seguidores Instagram

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails